Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Interesting cab for a 604

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member A7fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2006
    Location
    Pacifc Northwest
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Interesting cab for a 604

    I think some of you may live in driving distance, might be worth a look/listen. 2 A PAIR OF HUGE ALTEC LANSING SPEAKERS MODEL 604E AND CONTROLS IN THE CABINETS | eBay

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting cab for a 604

    The guy in the photo makes the cabs look small - a plus if you have to win over wifey.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting cab for a 604

    I'd like to hear that design. just for the heck of it. It probably gave the best LF but the worst open airy sound you could get.
    Last edited by cradeldorf; May 3rd, 2012 at 11:17 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting cab for a 604

    WE PARTIALLY TORE APART THE CABINET OF ONE TO PHOTOGRAPH AND IDENTIFY IT
    Looks like the hamfisted seller tore apart both of them too me........ I've not seen the cabinets up close, but I have hard time believing there was no way to get into them without tearing stuff up. I guess I should be appreciative they didn't use a sawzall.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting cab for a 604

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Looks like the hamfisted seller tore apart both of them too me........ I've not seen the cabinets up close, but I have hard time believing there was no way to get into them without tearing stuff up. I guess I should be appreciative they didn't use a sawzall.
    I'll agree with the tore reference.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting cab for a 604

    They look like most backloaded horns to me, a waste of time and material. I see a nice pair of 604E's and a bonfire there.

    Bass?

    C'mon horn theory guys, what's the lowest possible tuning for those given the limited mouth area?

    IMO, that design limits the LF performance, and creates phase issues in the working BW of the "bass horn".
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.